$1,120.00 – $1,320.00
LR2 – 1610M (ONE MILE) LONG RANGE PRECISION SHOOTING COURSE
The Long-Range Precision Rifle 2 is the second course in our highly regarded training series. This is a more advanced level course, designed to further enhance a student’s skill set with precision file shooting. Students will be expected to have fundamental knowledge and experience utilizing their precision rifle system, understanding their optics functions and engaging targets from the prone position. This is a two (2) day training course. We will instruct the student on more advanced theory, including –
• Ballistic capability
• Transonic/Subsonic zones
• Breathing Controlled firing
• Advanced external ballistics
• Internal ballistics
• Practical shooting out to one mile.
As per all our courses, theory will be support be live fire practice and drills to emphasize new training. Target engagement will be from 100M to 1610M, depending on the student’s specific weapon system. This course is medium paced, designed to present the appropriate amount of information with a quick transition to range time. This course will teach you to know the ballistic limits of your caliber of choice. Short action calibers with a minimum of 6mm are fine but we encourage use of the bigger long action calibers on this course due to the extreme distance we will be shooting at.
We highly recommend purchasing a kestrel elite 5700 for this course due to the enhanced ballistic capability of the unit, we will be offering a package deal on any of our long range courses combined with a Kestrel 5700 elite that are purchased through us.
• Licensed Rifle with canting bipod
• Quality scope with external turrets with at least 13 Mils (45 MOA) of elevation after zeroing at 100m
• 300 rounds minimum of factory match grade ammunition or carefully prepared hand loaded ammunition
• Shooting mat
• Bubble level on optic
• Pens and pencils
• Electronic hearing protection (essential)
• Clear shooting eye protection
• Cleaning equipment
• Seasonal clothing
• Wet weather gear
• Ballistics Software, we encourage a Kestrel 5700 elite which can be purchased through us but a Phone App is suffice.
• Ballistic AE preferred phone app for IOS or Applied Ballistics for Samsung
• Rice bag or sand bag for the rifle butt.
LR1 Must be completed before advancing on to LR2
Attendees are advised that there will be zero tolerance for unsafe or reckless behavior. Any shooter deemed unsafe will forfeit their course fee and will be excused from the course immediately.